Sunday, July 24, 2011

28 weeks

leila and i are officially in the third trimester! also, i added a little box to the left for guessing when leila will arrive, her length, weight, etc. make sure you guys take a guess! i had put in my answers then i asked the hubs for his and it's so weird that we both chose a time 42 minutes past the hour. great minds. :-)



how far along: 28 weeks

how big is baby: our daughter is around 2 1/4 pounds (she's gained almost a whole pound since the last update!) and measures 14.8 inches from head to heel. also, she is blinking now and has eyelashes. that is so sweet to me.

weight gain / loss: today i weigh 163.6. at my last check-in i was 161.6, so i've gained exactly 2 pounds in 2 weeks. this is an overall weight gain of 19.4 pounds for the pregnancy. i'm supposed to gain between 25 and 35 pounds, so if i keep up this pound a week thing for the next 12 weeks, i'll still be on course.

symptoms: i had my first major instance of round ligament pain this week. it lasted from saturday through wednesday, ouch! my friend kat was feeling my belly last weekend and said that it is suuuuuper tight, not the least bit squishy. apparently my body is stretching as leila grows, instead of leila growing into a stretched belly. it doesn't surprise me that i was having round ligament pain if my ligaments are trying to support the ever-growing baby in there.

cravings / aversions: i lost most of my appetite while i was sick so nothing to report here.

movement: i've started trying to pinpoint her most active hours of the day. i can almost always feel her from 8-9pm, but during the day it varies. i think a lot of that has to do with how relaxed i am.

gender: baby girl

belly button: the top part of my belly button keeps protruding and the hubs thinks it's hilarious for some reason. boys!

sleep: this is kind of like the craving/aversion. sleeping has been terrible the past week thanks to being sick. the best night of sleep i got was after i took nyquil on accident (oops!). otherwise i can't recall a day where i haven't woken up unable to breathe from congestion or with side pains. i'm ready to be fully cured of this crud.

what i'm looking forward to: 12 weeks zooming by so i can see what leila looks like! it's all i think about. i think i've finally settled on an image of her, which i'm sure will be so wrong. i think my light brown hair and nose with jake's blue-green eyes and pale skin. considering how impatient i am to see her, i don't know how people go so long without knowing the baby's gender. i would die.

what i miss: not making grotesque noises when i stand or bend over. um, wait, that came out wrong. i mean every time i hoist myself up i make some sort of grunting noise. or when i bend over to pick up the dog bowls i sound like i'm gasping for air as soon as my belly halts my chest from going any further. it's weird and unintentional, i think i sound like an old fat lady.

highlights this past week: feeling leila kick the day after i took nyquil. i was worried sick that i'd liquored my baby up and offed her. when you're pregnant, rationality isn't a woman's strong suit, lol. i took nyquil around 1am and didn't feel her kick until 5pm the next day. but when i did feel her kick, i was relieved! what a pathetic highlight, haha.

5 comments:

  1. OK - can I cheat and ask a couple of questions? What was your official due date that the doc predicted? Do you know what you and your husband's lengths and weights were at birth? I have to formulate answers based on information. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the doctor officially predicted october 16 based on my LMP being january 9th. and that date has never changed. i was 19 3/4 inches at birth, i think jake was 19 1/2. i was 6 lbs 13 oz i think, jake was around 7 lbs. i was born 6 days early, jake was about 2 weeks early. also i could be making all that stuff up about jake, but i THINK that's what i remember his mom saying! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! My guesses are: October 21 birthday (don't hate me for that one!), 20 inches, 7 lbs. 1 oz., 8:28 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! & you're due when my SIL is. Aww. XD I guess the 23rd!

    ReplyDelete