Thursday, August 25, 2011

32 weeks

the exciting thing about this week's picture is that despite my whale-like physique, you can see the finished chair rail and one piece of nursery decor- the banner laura and kathy made for my iowa baby shower. it was too precious not to have on display somewhere.

ps: sorry this is several days late


how far along: 32 weeks

how big is baby: leila is weighing in around 3.75 pounds- whoa mama! she's also about 16.7 inches long, which is a whole extra inch in two weeks.

weight gain / loss: monday i weighed 168 even, or a 23.8 pound overall pregnancy increase.

symptoms: i almost had a heart attack this week when i thought i saw a stretch mark. have no fear, it was just a scratch. my rings still fit too, so if my body wants to keep on this stretch mark and finger bloating free path, i'm on board.

cravings / aversions: i could eat pizza everyday and am loving fresh lemonade. canned lemonade makes me queasy.

movement: remember last week when i said i only ever feel movement on my right side? well i had an appointment on monday and my doctor said right now leila is head down with her back and legs on my right. i think she must love it over there because that's where i've felt all her movement these past several weeks.

gender: girl

belly button: it's an outtie now. le sigh. but if i have to trade an outtie belly button for no stretch marks, then that's a bargain.

sleep: i was waking up in the night from discomfort around my hips for a few days. once i put a pillow between my legs, i felt fine.

what i'm looking forward to: finishing the nursery this weekend. we got a glider and a gift card to buy our dresser at my office shower today, so we are almost done!

what i miss: can't think of anything, all is well with no regrets :-)

highlights this past week: we went swimming last weekend and i LOVED it. i felt so light, it was great. when i got out of the pool and felt like i was going to fall over from being heavy, well that wasn't as enjoyable. but those few hours of buoyant bliss were superb.

2 comments:

  1. Swimming and baths towards the end of pregnancy are bliss. Do it as much as you can. :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your swimming comment. I never thought about how lovely it must feel to take that weight off for a little while. Glad the nursery is finishing up!

    ReplyDelete