Saturday, January 18, 2014

baby alex: 8 weeks

my oh my what a crazy two weeks it has been.


how far along: 8 weeks

how big is baby: the size of a kidney bean (1/2 of an inch)

weight gain / loss: i weighed in at 144.5 this week. i've gained over 2 pounds in a month. eeks! much of that is due to the need to eat a lot of salty carbs. also, what the heck kind of bump is that!? i wish this picture did it justice. it's mostly coming from my uterus, not eating a ton of food.

symptoms:  nausea all day. it is at its worst in the morning and before bed, but there have been many times at work when i've just had to stop and rest my head to let the feeling pass.

cravings / aversions: tea (don't worry, it's decaf) has been making me feel really sick and i want nothing to do with sweets most of the time. carbs are the only thing i actually crave, but i did discover that although i wasn't craving a pear this weekend, i felt very good after eating one. must remember that even if i'm not craving fruits, i should try to incorporate them.

movement: not yet

gender: patiently waiting for april

belly button: no change

sleep: the insomnia is loads better now, thank science

what i'm looking forward to: i bought a doppler that detects baby's heartbeat with my last pregnancy and am eager to use it with this pregnancy. i tried it this morning but didn't have any luck since it's so early. i will try to wait another full week, maybe even until 10 weeks, but can't make any promises. it would just be a huge relief to hear the heartbeat at home when my nerves are killing me

what i miss: eating normal food and not just ramen noodles, ha!

highlights this past week: my first ultrasound was right after my last post. it was wonderful to see that there was a baby in there, although it makes me nervous that i wasn't very far along. either way, a confirmed pregnancy made for a highlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment